Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Natural Glow

Happy Tuesday ladies! It has been such beautiful, warm weather lately, and I can't wait to whip out my summer wardrobe again (and update it with a few pieces here and there ;)! Today I thought I would show you what I use, on a daily basis, to achieve a natural and "glowy" makeup look! 

I always start out with a good moisturizer, and I usually let it sink in while I'm getting dressed or making breakfast. If my skin is feeling especially parched, I will spritz it with Caudalie Eau De Beaute to give it that extra dewiness. 

I apply my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer on next, and although it technically is a moisturizer, it should be layered on like a light foundation. Next, I conceal my under eye circles with a creamy concealer, and blend it in with a foundation brush. 

To reduce the shine a bit, I dust a loose mineral powder on my forehead, chin, and the area on either side of my nose. Now, to add a natural flush, I apply a warm pink blush on top of my cheeks, brushing it along my temples (sorry guys, my blush didn't quite show up in the picture). 

Since most of the time I'm in a hurry, I use my fingers or just one eyeshadow brush to apply all my colors. When you do this though, make sure to work your way from the lightest color to the darkest, to avoid a "muddy" look. I applied a light reflecting eyeshadow, such as half baked from the Naked2 palette, to the center of my eyelid. You can actually use your finger for this, and just dab (don't rub) it on. To add some dimension, I took a smaller liner brush and defined my upper lid and crease with a chocolate brown shadow (snakebite), and blended it inwards. To highlight my brow bone, I added a slightly pink/pearly color (bootycall) with my ring finger. And if you really want to (like I usually do), I set my makeup with another spritz of Caudalie Eau De Baute. Et voila, done! It sounds like a lot but it really only took me 10 minutes ;)



Top: Calvin Klein. Earrings: Anthropologie (a similar pair here). 
Bracelets: gift from my mom :)


From left to right: Jergens Natural Glow Face Daily Moisturizer 
SPF 20 in medium to tan. Bare Minerals Original Foundation 
SPF 15 in medium beige. Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant 
Mascara (travel size). Laura Mercier Illuminating tinted moisturizer 
SPF 20 in natural radiance. Urban Decay Naked2 eye palette (today 
I used half baked, snakebite and bootycall). Nars blush in orgasm.
Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in bellini. Nars Radiant Creamy concealer 
in custard. Caudalie Eau De Beaute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment