Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Variety is the Spice of Life

Hello Lovelies!

  I thought I would dedicate a post today to some of my favorite perfumes! I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say that I cannot just have one "signature" scent. There are just too many delicious fragrances out there to try :) For me, I usually pick the one I'm going to wear according to my mood and yes, outfit of the day ;) I do, however, have a couple of scents that I have been wearing a lot lately. The following beautiful creations complement the colder weather and holiday spirit: Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande and Creme de Pistache, as well as Victoria's Secret No.1 Limited Edition Feathered Musk. They are just so yummy, not to mention my hubby loves the way they smell as well...bonus ;)!
When choosing a new scent, keep in mind the season you are in. During colder temperatures, scents are less noticeable for various reasons. First of all, people tend to be more bundled up and perspiring less, keeping the scent closer to their bodies. Cold air is dense and heavy which allows for less efficient scent dispersal. Air motion and humidity play a role in how fast or slow scent molecules move. That is why you can wear a heavier perfume ( with notes of vanilla, chocolate, anise, and licorice, for example), and not feel like you're leaving a scent cloud behind! This is not to say that you can't wear your favorite summer scent during the winter, but it will most likely not do the scent justice. Of course, I do not always follow these rules because there are times when I simply want to wear a particular fragrance because it evokes a happy memory ( think fresh baked cookies, your first kiss, or an exotic vacation:)!

 I would love to know what some of YOUR favorite scents are! Do you have any tricks for making them last through out the day?  xo, Magpie


From left to right: Bath and Body Works Vanilla Noir Radiant Powder Spray, Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande, Fresh Brown Sugar eau de parfum, CLEAN Original Eau de Parfum, D&G 3 L'Imperatrice Eau De Toilette, Sula Sun-Kissed Citrus Perfume Oil, Fresh Hesperides eau de parfum, Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto Shine Eau De Toilette, Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache, Tokyo Milk Dark: Chance, MOR Lychee Flower Perfume Oil, Voluspa Saijo Persimmon Home and Body Mist, Victoria's Secret No.1 Feathered Musk Eau De Parfum.





Below, a good reference book if you are interested in learning the specifics of some of the most world renown perfumes! I believe the authors just came out with a newer addition called The Little Book of Perfumes: The 100 Classics (buy here).
Book: Perfumes The Guide by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez (can be found here).



  

No comments:

Post a Comment